Key Facts about Lima Christian Academy
- Founded in 1970 – Over 45 Years of Operation!
- 43 Graduating Classes to Date
- Grades Preschool (check availability) – 12
From the Superintendent
Purpose: The Lima Christian Academy is an extension of the Christian home and church in preparing young people for both time and eternity, that these young people might be ”conformed to the image of His Son” (Rom. 8:29). A great strength of the LCA can be summarized in its being classified as a “non-chartered, non tax-supported school operated for truly held religious beliefs.” While the LCA is aware of current state and societal educational expectations (and exceeds them), education primarily is assigned to the home (Eph. 6:4) and church (I Tim. 3:15), and not to the state or “Common Core” (Col. 2:3).
The Lima Christian Academy program is designed so that the students will:
- Daily meditate in God’s Word. (Instill love for God and man.)
- Act according to scriptural principles.
- Be either masculine or feminine.
- Think, be independent, work, and read.
- Know fundamental academics.
- Be salt in the community: be understanding, active American citizens.
- Be musically, oratorically, technologically, and physically fit.
- Love, be loyal, be honest, be wise.
- Serve God and man through their local churches.
Since 1970 Calvary Bible Church has sponsored Lima Christian Academy with grades from Kindergarten through grade 12. God has blessed us with well-qualified teachers who have been equipped to challenge our young people to excellence in every area (Lk. 2:52). Since 1973 we have used an individualized curriculum in the upper grades with a good degree of success. Our Kindergarten and first grade use the Bob Jones Press curriculum in which the parents have been pleased. The Iowa Achievement Test scores and the American College Test scores are published annually and our students score consistently above average.
Our students keep physically fit with our Physical Education and interscholastic sports programs. We compete with other schools, mostly belonging to our state’s Christian school association, the Buckeye Christian School Organization (BCSO), in soccer, volleyball, basketball, and the fine arts.
We have a complete (and required) music curriculum and speech training . Our academic offerings also include Science (through Physics), Mathematics (through Algebra II), Social Studies (including Economics), and English. Our students routinely have no difficulty adjusting to college academic requirements.